Preparation of educational programmes and modules is based on the long-term and developmental recommendations and solutions embedded in the strategic plan entitled “Concept for Intercultural Education”. Starting from its vision of fostering of intercultural relations and integrative processes, as well as creating an upbringing and educational environment for promotion of cultural diversities, all aspects of upbringing and educational work in primary and secondary schools were taken into account when designing the programme offer of the Training Centre for Intercultural Education, such as:
- work contents,
- forms, methods and techniques of learning and teaching,
- textbooks, materials and other equipment,
- extracurricular activities,
- competencies of teachers, professional associates and principals,
- environment of the upbringing and educational institutions, and
- relationship between upbringing and educational institutions and the wider community.
Programmes and modules are structured in several distinct areas based on multilayered topics that will enable all participants in the training process to familiarize with the concept and the idea of intercultural education and policies for successful implementation of this educational concept in intercultural school environments.
At the same time, provided modules will enable all participants to learn immediately about the benefits of the cross-curricular approach in pursuing various intercultural initiatives in the field of education, both as a contemporary pedagogical trend and global upbringing and educational challenge.
Participants in this type of trainings will have the opportunity to develop, acquire and improve following three types of skills and competencies, as programme standards:
- personal and interpersonal competencies,
- cross-curricular competencies,
- cognitive and creative skills